Chicken With Sesame Seeds
Ingredients for Chicken With Sesame Seeds
Currently displaying quantities in US Imperial Measurements
How to Cook Chicken With Sesame Seeds
- Break the egg and separate the white from the yolk (The yolk an be added to the noodles in our Chow Mein recipe or to the beaten eggs in the Chinese Fried Rice recipe if you plan using one of them as an accompaniment to this dish). Remove any skin from the chicken breasts and cut them into fine shreds about 3" (7.5cm) long. Place them, along with the egg white, salt and cornflour (cornstarch or wheat starch) into a small bowl, blend together and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a large frying pan until it is moderately hot. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry it quickly in the oil to keep it from sticking to the pan. Cook this for about 1 minute until it turns white. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and drain in a sieve (strainer) or colander.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the oil from the pan and set aside to cool (it can be reused in other stir-fry dishes that use chicken). Reheat the oil remaining in the pan until it is hot then add the sesame seeds and stir fry them for about 1 minute until they turn slightly brown.
- Add the soy sauce, cider, vinegar, chili bean sauce, sesame oil, dry sherry and finely chopped spring onions to the pan and bring this mixture to the boil. Return the cooked chicken to the pan and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes making sure that the chicken shreds are coated completely with the sauce and the sesame seeds. Serve with either Chow Mein or Chinese Fried Rice.
- ** Groundnut oil enhances the flavour of any stir-fried food. You can, however, substitute corn oil if necessary.
GRAHAM'S HOT TIP:
Because there are many small quantities of ingredients that make up the sauce, you will find it useful to have all your ingredients already at hand. This way, nothing will be missed and this recipe will be very simple to follow.
Reviews of Chicken With Sesame Seeds
August 27 2014
My 3rd time making it and this recipe has always comes out perfect! The kids helped make it the last time and everyone had two-three helpings, so thumbs way way up. If there are leftovers (as if!!) it's good reheated or Iíve even eaten this straight out of the fridge. It's just as delicious when cold! Definitely a 5 star choice.
Doucette (3 reviews)
March 18 2014
Seriously good stuff. My husband practically purred when he ate it. He went back for second and thirds. In fact, it has become a family favorite. This is a real keeper.
swanV (6 reviews)
What To Eat Tonight
Hall of Fame is a very rare accolade that we offer only to the ultimate recipes that deliver something very special. Not many make it!
These are the recipes that our editors have branded as being Top Choice. Perfect for one of many different reason, but always perfect!
Beef and Veal are so versatile, yet can be easily spoiled by using the wrong recipe. We offer you lots of really delicious options.
Other Chicken Recipes
This Chicken Liver and Mushrooms on Ciabatta recipe takes the form of an open sandwich and is really delicious.
This very simple recipe produces a delightfully light and tangy chicken when you want something just a little different.
Chicken Korma is a beautifully tasty, mild and creamy Indian dish originating from South or Central Asia