Pork Burgers with Apple and Potato Mash
Ingredients for Pork Burgers with Apple and Potato Mash
Currently displaying quantities in US Imperial Measurements
How to Cook Pork Burgers with Apple and Potato Mash
- For the burgers, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan (skillet). Peel and finely chop the onions and fry gently until the onion is softened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the sage leaves. In a bowl, mix together the pork sausage meat (ground pork), sage and onion and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape the mixture into twelve small patties (3 per person).
- Heat a further 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the frying pan, add the patties and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through.
- For the mash, make Creamed Potatoes according to the recipe. Meanwhile peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Heat the butter and olive oil in a small pan, add the apples and cook, stirring regularly, over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add them to the creamed potato, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
- Make the Onion Gravy according to the recipe. Finally, to serve, pile the mash onto a serving plate, top with the burgers and pour a generous helping of onion gravy over the top.
GRAHAM'S HOT TIP:
You can add a handful of freshly made breadcrumbs to the burgers if you want to "lighten" them a little.
Reviews of Pork Burgers with Apple and Potato Mash
December 06 2014
I don't know why exactly, but this feels like a very British recipe (which suits my lot just fine!). Excellent taste and texture to the burgers and the onion gravy. The apple in the mash was a nice touch though the apple needed stewing just a bit longer than the recommended 4-5 minutes. Altogether a real nice meal. Cheap, quick to prepare. Easy, Filling. High kid approval rating!!
StellaRudd (3 reviews)
What To Eat Tonight
Many people think that Japanese recipes are complex and need expert tuition. Not necessarily so! Our range of recipes are so easy.
No time like the summer for those lovely light meals that can be quickly prepared. Get some sunshine into your life with some great recipes.
The versatile egg just hides quietly in your kitchen waiting for the word of command, then transforms itself into a million different meals.
Other Pork Recipes
Parmesan-crusted Pork Chops make an interesting variation from your standard pork chop. Crusted parmesan and breadcrumbs make for a delightful meal.
Whilst the traditional British roast dinner is beef, pork is an entirely acceptable alternative.Check on your guests religious beliefs first, though.
Pork Patties With Sweet Chilli And Noodles is a healthy and authentic Asian dish that's far better than a takeaway - and ready in less time.