Pork Burgers with Apple and Potato Mash
Ingredients for Pork Burgers with Apple and Potato Mash
Currently displaying quantities in US Imperial Measurements
How to Cook Pork Burgers with Apple and Potato Mash
- For the burgers, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan (skillet). Peel and finely chop the onions and fry gently until the onion is softened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the sage leaves. In a bowl, mix together the pork sausage meat (ground pork), sage and onion and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape the mixture into twelve small patties (3 per person).
- Heat a further 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the frying pan, add the patties and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through.
- For the mash, make Creamed Potatoes according to the recipe. Meanwhile peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Heat the butter and olive oil in a small pan, add the apples and cook, stirring regularly, over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add them to the creamed potato, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
- Make the Onion Gravy according to the recipe. Finally, to serve, pile the mash onto a serving plate, top with the burgers and pour a generous helping of onion gravy over the top.
GRAHAM'S HOT TIP:
You can add a handful of freshly made breadcrumbs to the burgers if you want to "lighten" them a little.
Reviews of Pork Burgers with Apple and Potato Mash
December 06 2014
I don't know why exactly, but this feels like a very British recipe (which suits my lot just fine!). Excellent taste and texture to the burgers and the onion gravy. The apple in the mash was a nice touch though the apple needed stewing just a bit longer than the recommended 4-5 minutes. Altogether a real nice meal. Cheap, quick to prepare. Easy, Filling. High kid approval rating!!
StellaRudd (3 reviews)
What To Eat Tonight
Most of us have to think about it at some point - losing weight that is. Here's a collection of great recipes that won't pile on the pounds.
To some people, baking is one of life's mysteries. We make it easy and tasty with our selection of recipes that will please everyone.
Burgers are so versatile. They can be made from almost any type of meat and they can be accompanied by a whole range of goodies.
Other Pork Recipes
Tenderloin of Pork is a tender cut of meat that marinates well. Here, the recipe calls for clementines, adding sweetness and colour to the dish
This stunning Honey and Marmalade-glazed Gammon, glazed with fruity marmalade and sticky honey is great for feeding a crowd and ideal for entertaining
Sweet And Sour Pork Mini-Rolls are great for barbeques, buffet lunches or just for fun with a family in the house. You'll need small slider rolls.